Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mannion's Movie Madness


I invite you to pop over to my blog-away-from blog, newcritics, tomorrow, Wed. Jun 18 and join in Lance Mannion's Wednedsay Night at the Movies. It's an open thread about a film, with everyone posting as though they had just watched it. But here's Lance to tell you about it:

"Just a reminder. Tomorrow night's Wednesday Night at the Movies open thread at newcritics will feature the Sidney Poitier-Rod Steiger classic, In The Heat of the Night.

Thread opens at 10 PM Eastern, 9 Central. We have a new comments format at newcritics and it requires registration but it'll save the trouble of having to fill out the forms every time you want to comment. Registration's quick and painless but you might want to show up a little early to get it over with before the discussion gets underway.

As per the rules laid out by me, and I'm the king around here, you don't have to have watched the movie recently, or ever, to join in. Lurking discouraged but not prohibited."

Thanks, Lance.

I don't think I have ever seen this classic. I may watch bits and pieces on YouTube. But YOU--YOU, I'm sure, have all the classics under your collective belts and have many interesting things to say about them. It's an opportunity not to be missed.

0 comments: